Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Greeting

I just wanted to wish everyone who checks in here over the next few days a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels if you're going to be away from home for the holiday.  I'd also like to issue my followers an additional thank you for your support.

I'll be traveling, so my opportunities to post anything will be limited.  My dayjobbery consists of academia, so as the old Andy Williams song says, "It's the most hap-happiest time of the year."  Not! Time will be quite limited over the next few weeks.  I've got exams to grade over Thanksgiving and finals coming up after that.  I'll try to post as much as possible, but most things that go up will be short.  I'll be doing an intermittent series of in-depth looks at various small presses and other venues for heroic fiction over the next year.  The first one will be Rogue Blades Entertainment.  I should have it up by the end of the year.  Heroic Fantasy Quarterly will probably follow.  I also intend to examine some more historical adventure novels, including a trilogy that as far as I know hasn't appeared in the States, look at some fantasy that was well known in its day but hasn't been in print for a while, showcase some of the collections in what is starting to look like a Henry Kuttner renaissance, and of course, review any new volumes of Robert E. Howard.  So stick around.  It's gonna be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment