Monday, April 25, 2011

Hugo and Campbell Awards Nominees

This year's nominees for the Hugo and Campbell Awards have been posted.  Locus Online has the complete list here, as does the Renovation site.

Congratulations and good luck to all nominees.

I don't have much to say except I don't see much in the way of sword and sorcery, at least not that I recognize.  I haven't read nearly as many of the nominees as I should have.  A few of the titles I'm not familiar with, so there may be some S&S I'm not recognizing.  Disappointing, but not surprising.

The second thing I find interesting is in the short story category.  All the other fiction categories (novel, novella, novelette) have five nominees, while the short story only has four.  That's assuming there's not an error, and one was inadvertently left off.  Of those four, only one, "For Want of a Nail", by Mary Robinette Kowal, was published in a print magazine (Asimov's, Sept. 2010).  The others were published online.  All of the novelette and all but one of the novella nominees were published in print venues.

No comments:

Post a Comment